William Fulmer wrote:
I have a non root user that I use for all of my software builds (called
build strangely enough). All elements (apache, perl, mod_perl) were
built as this user. I just tried building as root as the email
suggested. It would not run apache as root, but tried to use
nobody(which did not work no matter how wide I ripped the permissions). I forced it to run as the user that my webserver nomrally runs as by
setting APACHE_TEST_USER and APACHE_TEST_GROUP. Then the test hangs as
before.

I never got this message:

waiting for server to start: .No -M allowed while running setuid. perl_parse: Address family not supported by protocol !!!

right, it was in your trace that you've posted. As in the later post you've mentioned it was coming from a different app.