Joe Schaefer wrote:
Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

I'm not against from hiding mp2 from index. I just don't
understand how does it make the mp2.0 release any better?

  "Hey, modperl 2.0 is available, but you can't get it
   from CPAN using the familiar tools.

Hiding it entirely isn't what I have in mind, just the modules common to both mp1 and mp2. Indexing everything else, especially Apache2 and the new ModPerl::* stuff,
might be a workable compromise.

what about mod_perl.pm?

[...]

And hide the real problem with CPAN again. People will react
either way, since this suggestion doesn't remove the problem, it
just re-throws it in a difference direction.

It also allows time for the now-manifest itching to become productive scratching. Maybe CPAN gets fixed,
maybe folks upgrade their mp1 modules to support
both mp1 and mp2, or maybe those folks just migrate wholesale to mp2. Or maybe some enlightened person will wander in and show us all a demonstrably better way to handle the CPAN situation. Or maybe I'm wrong, and the extended itching turns out to be just more bitching. Who knows?

I tend to the think the latter, but I'm not against your plan.

-- __________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com