On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 08:33:59PM -0400, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> for a good discussion, and a fixup handler that will likely fix your
> problem.  you can also search the archives for the Apache::Dir discussion
> that (IIRC) yielded that document.

Geoff,

I tried using Apache::Dir. The current version on CPAN only supports
mp1. Adding support for mp2 was easy enough but yielded no beneficial
results (i.e., I still get 404 errors and the Apache log error).

I wrote to David W. who maintains the module; he had no further
suggestions so I did some further debugging. It turns out that I'm not
having a problem with appending a trailing slash; Apache seems to be
doing this just fine with or without the Apache::Dir module.

The problem I'm having is that Apache is not setting the DirectoryIndex
to a valid filename. It is instead complaining that it's trying to serve
a directory. This is probably because ModPerl::Registry is handling the
directory as turning off the SetHandler allows those indexes to be
served (albeit I'm getting the script displayed as a text file instead
of run as a perl script).

I also searched the archives for Apache::Dir as well as the Apache log
error but could not find a discussion about this issue. Any more ideas
for me?

Thanks,
William

--