I think I've found the problem I was having...

When I try to add

PerlModule Apache2
PerlModule Apache::compat

to my http.conf I get "Can't load perl module for Apache2 for server www.blah.com:80 exiting....

when I comment out the first line I get

to my http.conf I get "Can't load perl module for Apache::compat for server www.blah.com:80 exiting....

Do I need to do something extra to get this compat module installed on my system? Everything I'm seeing it kind of giving it as a given that it's present.

I've mentioned it before, but

I'm trying to set up apache 2 (2.0.54) on Windows 2000 Server

with SSL (from here -- currently working)
http://smithii.com/?q=node/view/30

The latest version of ActivePerl (5.8.7.813)

and...  mod_perl, which I've installed via the "mpinstall" script here..
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/os/win32/install.html#PPM_Packages

-Nick