On Jun 23, 2005, at 5:29 AM, Jan Eden wrote:

Hi,

please accept my apologies for spamming this list - I need to get mod_perl up and running quickly and will be more quiet in the future.

The README of Apache::DBI tells me to configure mod_perl using

  perl Makefile.PL PERL_CHILD_INIT=1 PERL_AUTHEN=1 PERL_AUTHZ=1
                   PERL_CLEANUP=1 PERL_STACKED_HANDLERS=1

But I only find a reference to those callbacks in the mod_perl 1 documentation. Are these callbacks automatically activated in mod_perl 2?

I just installed Apache::DBI right away and included

PerlModule Apache::DBI

in httpd.conf. Everything works - but how can I know if Apache::DBI really keeps my database connection alive?

Jan,

You can do something like:

ps aux | grep postgres

if you are using postgresql. If you are using another DB, you can substitute as needed. Also, most databases provide some mechanism to show the connections to them. You can query the database for that information directly. The connections will show up as idle database processes (again, depending on the database a bit).

Alternatively, you can use Apache::Status which will show you active DBI connections. See the module documentation for installation and use.

Sean