On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 14:29 +1000, Badai Aqrandista wrote:
> I am experiencing intermittently missing session data. After weeks of
> investigation, we suspect the size of the data we put in the session as the
> culprit: it is too big.

What database are you using?  I thought the default data types for most
of them would hold a very large amount of data before having trouble.  I
suspect you are having locking problems or session data is not being
written because the session object doesn't go out of scope.

Even if the size of your session data isn't causing this lost data, it
is a serious problem.  When your session data is large, it makes
everything slow, holds the locks longer, and hurts the performance of
your site.  You should consider putting that data into database tables
instead and only loading it as needed.

- Perrin