On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:15:43 -0600
"Harry Zhu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can some body worked/studied on both world tell me the pros and cons
> about these two?
>
> Our system was built on modperl, but the new boss intended to rebuilt
> it on Ruby on Rail. How do we argue about it that perl/modperl have
> almost all the features that Ruby has and more?

  When arguing something like this I find it is best to find out what
  they hope to get out of using RoR ( or Java, Python, whatever ) and
  explain why you can still do that with mod_perl.

  Often they think that "Feature X" is only available to "Framework Y"
  and that is the main reason they want to move to it.

   Frank Wiles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   http://www.wiles.org