* Randal L. Schwartz [2006-02-25 09:30]:

> Daniel> I think catalyst was modeled closely on ROR.
>
> Heh.  Catalyst was in production long before RoR was even being discussed.
>
> Let's not accuse the Perl community of playing catchup.  The Perl
> folks are the leaders here.

True enough, but sometimes that "if a tree falls in the woods and nobody
hears it..." saying comes into play. I'd even guess Catalyst picked up
users from the Rails hype(? yes? no?)

I understand the visceral reaction most developers have to marketing
efforts, but in most cases it does end up affecting what one can use "on
the job", regardless of technical merits. Sad but true.

But this is an old discussion...

--

toddgrimason*todd[ at ]slack.net