Hi Joe,

Joe Schaefer wrote:
Anything here looks suspicious?

Yes.  Your code behaves as if CGI.pm was being used by Mason instead
of apreq.  When that happens, CGI.pm steals the post data, and
apreq sees nothing but an "End of File" situation.

If I were you, I'd double-check how you configured Mason to select
apreq instead of CGI.pm.  That's probably where the bug lies.

Thanks for the tip! Yes, I finally found the problem. Indeed, it was because of how I configured Mason -- by default, it uses CGI.pm... No wonder the word "CGI" didn't appear in any of my configuration files when I was grepping...

Unrelated to modperl, but in case a Mason user sees the same problem as me, adding this line to httpd.conf will do it:

PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod 'mod_perl'

Now, I can see the number of parameters sent and can access the uploaded file fine. That's a lot of time spent for a single line... :-) Thanks for the help and the suggestion...that definitely helped me narrow things down!

Ray