Doesn't Amazon run mod_perl/Mason?

BTW, I agree with most of your points (would debate #4,5).  I may substitute
the phrase "More convenient" for "Easier" in #3.  I would also add ...

   #7)   How many engineers are available to hire that know or want to work
with said technology?

I built a great platform at eBay on mod_perl/Mason that handled eBay-size
traffic; we ran 6 eBay sites on it.  Now it is used for specialty e-commerce
solutions like worldofgood.ebay.com, global.ebay.com (cross-border trade),
dealfinder.ebay.com, etc.  In fact, on the same hardware, the main eBay Java
app would support ~6 threads per box; the mod_perl platform supported ~60
(prefork), significant CapEx and power savings (which adds up at a place like
eBay).