Mr. Sin, I can't tell from your email exactly what isn't working
for you, so will assume that you have similar problems as Mr. N.
From my experience, the problem may be FreeBSD + libapreq2 2.12.

My site runs FreeBSD 6.3.  I could not get libapreq2 2.12
and associated Perl linkages (mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1) to
build from source and pass.  The author kept wanting more
data about failures, and I'm ashamed to say I stopped
answering his requests (it was a bad week).

But I did get the package to install from the FreeBSD ports
collection, using the following commands:

cd /ports/www/libapreq2  # your ports path may be different
sudo make clean
sudo make install WITH_MODPERL2=yes FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=yes

The ports version notes document the included patch that's
needed for FreeBSD.  It has been working fine for months.

Hope this works for either or both of you.

Best of luck,
cmac