To: "mod_perl list" <modperl@perl.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:14 PM
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 7.2, mod_perl2 & Apache2::Cookie (libapreq2)

I've been using apache2/mod_perl2 on FreeBSD for years. Currently using 6.3 and 7.2. Installing from ports should work fine, but I prefer to install separate versions of apache2 and mod_perl2 from source. Haven't had a problem installing either of those in sometime. Installing libapreq2 on FreeBSD requires some special options, like passing --with-expat=/usr/local to configure and using gmake.

-Glenn