On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Randolf Richardson <rand...@modperl.pl> wrote:
>        I believe Catalyst depends on DBIx::Class

As Octavian said, there isn't really a connection between the two.
Catalyst people often use DBIx::Class, but there's no tie at a code
level.

>        To be fair, I think it would be important to run benchmarks against
> a number of different products (some with database dependencies, some
> without, etc.), and make sure the same peformance enhancing features
> (such as database connection handle caching) are functioning (or not
> functioning) across the different environments (e.g., mod_fcgid,
> mod_perl2, etc.).

For this benchmark, I was simply trying to determine whether or not
the process management and buffering of the different web runtimes
made a significant performance difference.  I'm pleased to report that
the differences are small, so you can use the one that you like best
for other reasons.

- Perrin