> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Phil Van <pv2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Interesting.... those are mod_fcgid + CGI, compared to plain
> > Apache + mod_perl + libapeq ?
>
> There are a number of modules like CGI and libapreq that run in
> multiple environments.  My benchmark was a Catalyst app that just
> returned about 30K of HTML.
[sNip]

        I believe Catalyst depends on DBIx::Class, which also tries to turn
off the connection caching features provided by Apache::DBI (if I'm
recalling correctly) -- if this is true, then it could certainly help
to explain the lesser performance in a ModPerl environment.

        To be fair, I think it would be important to run benchmarks against
a number of different products (some with database dependencies, some
without, etc.), and make sure the same peformance enhancing features
(such as database connection handle caching) are functioning (or not
functioning) across the different environments (e.g., mod_fcgid,
mod_perl2, etc.).

Randolf Richardson - rand...@inter-corporate.com
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com