Am Mo, 4.07.2011, 12:03 schrieb Tosh Cooey:
> The only public AMI for EC2 setup with mod_perl I can easily find is an
> OpenSuse one from 2009.
>
> Services like Bitnami are a really nice platform for launching LAMP
> stacks, unfortunately the P is anything but Perl :(
>
> Is there a reason for the lack of plug'n'play mod_perl LAMP cloud
> service providers?  Or are there a ton that I just don't know about?
>
> Tosh
>
> --
> McIntosh Cooey - Twelve Hundred Group LLC - http://www.1200group.com/

We run a few EC2 instances with mod_perl setup and afaik there is no
public image that gives you an out-of-the-box system. We use Debian images
by Alestic (sadly these are not updated any more but I guess one could use
their Ubuntu images instead) that give you a basic Debian setup. From
there to a working apache/mod_perl it's just a few apt-get install calls
(that can be executed automatically when running a new instance) and
deploying your application so this should be as far as you can get towards
mod_perl.

Apart from that I don't think anyone could package a mod_perl image for
you that can be used out-of-the-box at all. A usual mod_perl setup needs
certain perl-modules in place, a setup.pl, special apache-configurations
etc.

Hendrik