On 7/4/11 11:26 PM, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:

I'm not happy, hence the complaining about the AMI from 2009.  But I'm glad you
changed the subject from your first one, which is that I should build my own
stack.

So basically you are saying (and only you, not a community voice) that in order
to be a mod_perl developer one also needs to:

1) Build and optimize Apache.
2) Build and optimize MySql.
3) Build and optimize Perl+mod_perl.
4) Build and optimize a Linux server environment.
or
5) Have enough money to pay for all of the above.

You have no stack.

Make one.

Better still, get a bunch of people together with the same problem. Dunno where
you'd find 'em.

I just spent six months helping a company do exactly[0] this and move off a
dated
RH platform onto a modern, current, Debian, perl 5.14, all new CPAN modules.

You seem to have missed the point of my kvetching, which is perhaps a suitable answer anyway.

Thank-you.

Tosh

--
McIntosh Cooey - Twelve Hundred Group LLC - http://www.1200group.com/