Octavian Rasnita wrote:
Hi,

Under Ubuntu 10.04, is it possible to install mod_perl for 2 versions of Perl
for the same Apache?

I have the default build of Apache that comes with Ubuntu and the default Perl
that comes with Ubuntu and I also have the mod_perl installed with apt-get.

I want to test ActivePerl 5.14 and I want to install Mod_perl for it but I
wouldn't like to need uninstalling the actual Apache/Perl/mod_perl.

In my opinion, the short practical answer is no.

It is technically possible, but you are going to spend so much time trying to combine this properly, that it is probably not worth the effort. You would save yourself a lot of time by using another host, installing your chosen versions of Apache and Perl on it, and then installing mod_perl from source, pointing it to the installed Apache and Perl.

Personal opinion, all of it. YMMV.