On Monday, July 11, 2011 09:13:25 Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> I want to test ActivePerl 5.14 and I want to install Mod_perl for it
> but I wouldn't like to need uninstalling the actual
> Apache/Perl/mod_perl.

Don't you have separate module libraries?

Anyway, you always can use the DESTDIR=... option:

  make DESTDIR=/some/where install

This takes /some/where as root directory.

You then have to use PerlSwitches -I... or similar in the httpd.conf. You
also have to modify the LoadModule statement to load the right modperl.

If you want to compile additional modules make sure they use the right
header files and also use the DESTDIR option.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net