From: "Fred Moyer" <f...@redhotpenguin.com>

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 3:14 PM, Octavian Rasnita <orasn...@gmail.com> wrote:
From: "Perrin Harkins" <per...@elem.com>
I am still afraid to compile Perl+Apache+mod_perl since the old days when I needed to do that because there were no other solutions, and when I needed to face some ugly compiling errors...

But if you say that it is simple, I will try it.

I know some people have issues but I've never had any on common Linux
platforms. It complies very nicely. Just be sure to use the perl you
want to compile against when running Makefile.PL for mod_perl.

and the desired apxs binary with:

   /my/perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/my/apxs

By default version 2.0.5 will look for installed apxs/apxs2 binaries
in certain places like your PATH and use those by default if you don't
explicitly specify which apxs binary to use.

Thank you for all the tips, Fred.

Octavian