From: "Perrin Harkins" <per...@elem.com>
>I saw Miyagawa at YAPC::NA and it looks like DotCloud is serious about
> their Perl support.
>
> The situation seems pretty good to me.  We have DotCloud, for people
> who want to try something simple very quickly with minimal startup
> costs.

I have tried, or better said tried to try DotCloud. :-)
But I couldn't access it from Windows. They say that for the moment they don't
really support Windows but I read a blog with some tips for making it work
under Windows.

The problem was that rsync didn't work under Windows, or at least this is what
their client program said.

I have installed cwRsync that includes cygwin and rsync, but I don't know for
what reason... it didn't work.

For the moment their pricing plan is not clear for me.

0 USD/Mo is clear, and I understand that for this it offers 2 services, that
can be say... Perl and MySQL.

The second level... is 99 USD/Mo for which they offer 4 services, but without
beeing clear about the processors/memory/space (or I missed that part), and
this second step is much expensive than the first few tariff plans of linode.

I was interested by DotCloud because I wanted to see how accessible is the
interface they offer, but for the moment... it is not very.

If you know something more about these, please tell us.

Perl programs are usually harder to deploy than the PHP apps, and it would be
very good if there would be a solution easy to use for apps wich are a little
more complex.

Octavian