Hi,

I'm useing mod_ssl-2.3.0 (and of course apache 1.3.6 + openssl 0.9.3)
It run's under (a very slightly modified) SuSE 6.0 Linux distribution
(i386 arch)

>From time to time I find this:
> >> [ssl-access.log]
> >> xx.xx.xx.x - - [20/May/1999:16:22:00 +0200] "€@" 501 -
> >> xx.xx.xx.x - - [20/May/1999:16:24:41 +0200] "€@" 501 -
> >> xx.xx.xx.x - - [20/May/1999:16:30:37 +0200] "€@" 501 -
> >> [ssl-error.log]
> >> [Thu May 20 16:22:00 1999] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.x] Invalid method in
> >> request €@

in the log too,

> >This means you talk HTTPS to a HTTP port, i.e.  on that port SSL isn't
> >enabled. Check your server configuration. I guess your Listen and
> ><VirtualHost> sections do not match.

But I'm sure that I haven't talked HTTPS on HTTP port, since there is a
virtual host for http, and so http (without port specification :443 of
course) cannot get SSL connection (and it works).
The problem is the following (Netscape 4.5 / NT 4): When I connect to
https URL, I get the index.html corecctly, but without images. When I
click "reload", it fails often (aprox. 1 of 2 or 3 tries). I tried a page
with 2 images, Netscape loads the HTML, and ONE image!
When reload fails, I get a netscape messages like (immediatly): the server
didn't responsed...
Under IE 5 the images problem is the same, but the "reload" seems to work,
but I'm not sure if IE really reloads the data.
I tried to set "Keepalive off", but it didn't helped.

When I switch to mod_ssl 2.2.8, ssl works fine !!! (with a very similar
configuration).

I'm sorry, but it was late yesterday, so I cannot give more informations
so far.

BTW: Both server versions running different keys/certs. When I "reload"
with Netscape after changeing the server version, I just get the usual
"accept certificate" dialog - no: "BIG FAT WARNING" or so!!!

Does anybody have an idea or a hint??

oki,

Steffen