I'm not sure, but from the messages it looks like a BSD style child
process terminal handling.

Check out W. Richard Stevens: UNIX Network Programming (1st ed.) pp 78 and 79.

After a fork, you may need to disassociate from the control terminal
whose implementation is different for BSD, and System V.

Hope this helps.

>On Mon, Jul 26, 1999, Bill Stasiowski wrote:
>
> > I have apache/openssl-0.9.3a/mod_ssl-2.3.5 compiled and running on Solaris
> > 2.4 sparc20.  it was working fine for a while and now it seems to have a
> > problem with not killing off child processes and just keeps generating
> > them and refusing connections.  here is a few lines from my error_log.
> > this server is used for production web applicatons.
> >
> > [Sun Jul 25 04:00:21 1999] [warn] child process 6339 did not exit, sending
> > another SIGHUP
> > [Sun Jul 25 04:00:21 1999] [warn] child process 6686 did not exit, sending
> > another SIGHUP
> > [Sun Jul 25 04:00:21 1999] [warn] child process 7082 did not exit, sending
> > another SIGHUP
> > [Sun Jul 25 04:00:21 1999] [warn] child process 7733 did not exit, sending
> > another SIGHUP
> >
> > any help or info is appreciated. thanks.
>
>Hmmm... I don't think this is caused or related to mod_ssl.  But without more
>details (for instance found via a debugger) we cannot do anything for you.

Computer Engineering Inc.
http://www.compeng.net
Phone: 780 499 5687 (9 - 5 MST)
Fax:   780 435 0693 (24 Hours)