On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 01:17:51PM +0200, Michael Peppler wrote:

> Why don't you start by rating those modules that you feel are horribly
> lacking with 0 stars?

Part of the issue here is that cpanratings.perl.org doesn't expose the
individual component ratings (Documentation, Interface, Ease-of-Use),
only the summary rating.

In some cases I have given a module high marks for all three categories,
but the lowest rating overall, but the module is implementing that a new
module (or yet another module) doesn't make sense for.

Another perspective: I do see signs that the current rating system is
helping. After receiving several negative ratings, CGI::NeedSSL has been
pulled from CPAN.

        Mark