On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 05:15:10PM -0400, Graham Knop wrote:
> On 10/3/16 4:46 PM, David Golden wrote:
> > *Everyone, please direct all further conversation on this matter to the
> > DBIC mailing list*
>
> Forgive me if I don't.  While I've been watching the conversation,
> nobody yet seems to have approached the most important part of this
> conversation as I see it, which isn't specific to DBIx::Class.
>
> PAUSE has no governance model.  It doesn't even have a terms of service.
>  So far, this hasn't presented significant problems.  But as most things
> of this nature, they aren't a problem until they are.
>
> The actions taken by the PAUSE admins in this recent dispute, assuming
> they are fully represented by David Golden's emails, are without
> precedent.

Users making agreements with PAUSE admins about what can/can't be done with
their permissions and those being honoured has plenty of precedent, though.

Had I not got explicit agreement before transferring anything that all I
was doing was easing co-maint addition, I would absolutely not have gone
down this route.

So I don't believe that, no matter what the outcome, this sets nearly as
widespread a precedent as you seem to be worried about here.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/