Thanks, John.  I had hoped I would get these kinds of simple, sensible
answers from the experienced.  --Craig

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 12:26 PM
Subject: Anchoring


There is another benefit from anchoring by the stern.  I leave the hatch
boards out and any small breeze blows into the cabin.  It sure beats a small
wind scoup in the forward hatch.

Also, I leave the anchor line tied to the stern clean, and then run the rest
of the line forward, outside of everything, and tie it off on the bow cleat
just as I would if I were anchoring "normally".  That way, if the wind does
blow up during the night, all I have to do is remove the line from the stern
cleat, and the boat swings around quickly and the rode is instantly 17 feet
longer. No fumbling in the dark with lines, shrouds etc.

John
Miss 7
M17 # 372



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to