Hi,
I'll get my two cents in here about batteries. The AGM batteries are really
nice if the boat takes on water or the battery somehow gets loose as they
are sealed like a gel cell. But, they are less persnickety about the charge
rate and a little cheaper. The small size from Boat U.S. is not that much
when it should last for several years with proper care (less hassle than
conventional batteries for sure). Anyway, check it out at:
http://www.boatus-store.com/browse/item.asp?CFSR=1&IID=40752  The Air Force
has started using them in ground equipment and in aircraft with much better
results.
   Smitty
    Windsurfers Do It
      Standing Up !
          US-842
----- Original Message -----
From: "Harvey Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2002 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: Lights for a juiceless M15


>>I intend to buy a motorcycle battery.  They are about 3 1/2 inches wide x
6 to 7 inches long x 7 inches high - depending on model and capacity.<<

Hi Connie..

I use an X-Power emergency power generator that I got from W-M.  A more
expensive option then your solution, but it comes with a 300 W a/c
inverter, 12V c-lighter outlet, 2 bulb flourescent lamp and a pair of
jumper connectors for starting car or big OB motor. It uses an 18 AH sealed
battery.

FWIW, they sell a small battery box for batteries as used in riding lawn
mowers.

  Harvey/ Ga

M-17  Stargazer  #294

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to