One of the suggestions on the Trailer Sailor site it to use a battery for a security 
system.  I bought a battery for a security system from this site:

http://sescodatasystems.com/12volt.html

There is a page that indicates which type of terminals they have.

The price was better than what I could find locally.

A 7 amp hour runs $17.85.  No 4 amp hour size is listed.

In some cases you can buy two 6 volt batteries cheaper than the 12 volt equivalant.  A 
12 volt 10 is 34.90, where two 6 volt 5s are $12.50 each.  Maybe even use 12 volts for 
bright and 6 for dim.

Steve R.
M-15 #119
Lexington, KY

--- message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] attached:
--- Begin Message --- In a message dated 8/29/02 8:46:57 PM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:


Hi Steve,

I was at Lowes the other day looking for your 4 AH gel cell battery, but
couldn't find one.  I asked, but I just got referred to the garden
tractor / mower area where they had garden tractor batteries.


Connie,

It's a gel cell designed to power emergency lights that come on automatically when there's a power outage.  Unfortunately, you may have to shop around to find a 12 volt these days-last time I checked, the technology had reverted to six volt setups.

If the price and size are right, this should be no deterent.  Buy two, bind them together with electrical tape if desired, and connect in series.

If you have no luck, there is a plethera of web based battery providers that stock every imaginable size, and then some!  A quick search should bring them to light.

Incidentally, I sprang for a 3 stage Charge Pro 6 amp charger this spring, and love it.  Very compact, very durable, even submersible!  Best of all, it gives batteries just what they need, and should be money well spent in the long run.

Good luck with your endeavor.  Keep us informed on your progress!

Steve Tyree, P-15 #2098 "Amy Ann"
--- End Message ---

Reply via email to