I am using a west marine 35 amp hour marine battery that is completely 
sealed and cannot spill, costs 75 bucks. The davis anchor light has a dusk 
to dawn feature and uses less than one ampere hour for the whole night. an 
interior l.e.d. "courtesy light and a tri color masthead that I almost never 
use. the combined power means I remove and recharge the battery very 
infrequently, works well.
Dik Lang
Sweet Pea "m-17"


>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: M_Boats: Lights for a juiceless M15
>Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 18:41:54 EDT
>
>Connie;
>        Your motorcycle battery sounds like a good lightweight plan with 
>only
>one drawback. A good MC battery is 80-100 bucks. My Honda 1100 Shadow's is
>around $90.  A SMALL car battery is maybe $40 and only weighs 25lbs (a
>guess). The amp hours will also be a lot longer for the car battery.
>        Another post mentioned not needing lights on a 15. True, for a true
>sailboat, but if you have an engine mounted, lights are required for night
>sailing and motoring.
>        Have you ever sailed to Manhasset Bay and stayed at the Riviera
>Marina. I was raised on a boat there in the '60's. We had a 1929 50' Elco
>Flattop. It was a good life.
>
>Sandy




_________________________________________________________________
Join the world�s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to