Hi Sandy,

As an old New Yorker - I was born there, but escaped when I went to the
University of Denver after WWII, and found that there were better places
to live than New York.

My early sailing days were sailing out of City Island, so, yes, I've been
to Manhasset Bay many times, but haven't stopped at the Riviera Marina.

Since 1974, living in Connecticut, we used to sail our old big boat down
to New York, stay at the Flushing Marina, and explore New York with the
children.  A short walk got you to the subway, and then it was a direct
ride to Times Square.  Made a very nice vacation trip: floating hotel;
home cooked meals; lots of activity with aircraft landing and taking off
from La Guardia - almost taking off my masthead anchor light - and all
the sights and museums that New York offers for the children to explore.

We've stopped at all the North Shore harbors as well as the Connecticut
harbors.

All the inputs I have received have widened the "choice" horizon.  Now I
have to do some more research!

Thanks for the information

Connie



_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to