Steve--
Well for one thing, the vectors trying to knock your boat over would be increased, 
without any compensating increase in speed (sail area).  So 
performance-wise and safety-wise, it seems like it would not be advised.  On the other 
hand, if you are unlikely to be caught out in high winds, 
perhaps it wouldn't matter so much.
--
Steve McClellan~~M15~#152~~Chicago
> I am thinking of putting a block of wood under the mast base bracket to raise 
> the boom, and have more headroom under a bimini.  I would need new shrouds, a 
> new forestay and a tether to hold down the tack of the jib.  Plus some long 
> bolts to fasten the bracket through the wooden block.  
> 
> Am I missing anything here?
> 
> Are there any reasons not to do this?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Steve R.
> M-15 #119
> Lexington, KY
> 
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to