Scott,

Yeah, cut the head off and add a batten at the top, ala Alinghi!

Bill


Scott wrote:
Bill,
In theory, this sounds like a good idea.  The problem as I see it is that
the
main is sewn from a series of more or less horizontal panels.  I am not sure
how you could extend the foot without adding what would amount to a vertical
strip at either the luff or leach (I have not seen this done).

It does beg the question as to how one could gain a few inches of boom
height
without loosing foot length.  Perhaps leaving the foot alone, and taking the
height out of the head would make more sense.  The leach would have to be
recut somewhat, and the head plate moved, but at least the foot length and
reefing proportions would remain relatively undisturbed.

As for me, I think I will leave well enough alone.

Scott Grometer,
M15 #478 'bebe'

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to