In a message dated 2/14/03 9:31:17 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I am thinking of putting a block of wood under the mast base bracket to 
raise the boom, and have more headroom under a bimini.  I would need new 
shrouds, a new forestay and a tether to hold down the tack of the jib.  Plus 
some long bolts to fasten the bracket through the wooden block.  

Am I missing anything here?

Are there any reasons not to do this?

Thanks,

Steve R. >>

Steve,
Another alternative is to recut your main (raise the foot) so as to not incur 
cost of new rigging.  This would obviously reduce your sail area somewhat, 
and you would not want to take too much or you would risk upsetting the CE 
balance.  If you only needed a few inches, it might work.

Scott Grometer
M15 #478 'bebe'

_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to