In a message dated 2/14/2005 8:35:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
What's the best way to raise and lower the mast with the roller furler?
Hi John,
I have absolutely no experience with mast stepping with the roller/furler. 
However, I did read something that may help: Add a small line to the base of 
the 
drum and then wrap the drum with a towel to protect gelcoat. Next tie on a 
clorox jug (on the added line at base of drum) filled with water or sand and 
let 
the jug go over the bow to add weight to keep the drum on the boat. I've 
never tried this but logic says it could work.
I think if I had crew to assist, I would still add the line, wrap the drum 
with towel & bungie cord and have them stand at the bow to guide the unit as I 
lowered or raised the mast. There may be a better way...
Bill M-17 Tipperary SF, CA
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to