Ref: "and I think that the stresses on the transom while
going  over bumps would be excessive at highway speeds."

I can attest to that statement, as I watch this thread, I have had
flashbacks to
people flagging me to pull over. The transitions on a local Six Lane Freeway
had been way
too much and my "was brand new" prop (another story) was dragging on the
freeway
(had Zero 'Water' Miles on it).

So me personally, the motor would be in a safer place,
My two cents,

Gordon
  Coba'


----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:55 PM
Subject: Re: M_Boats: outboard motors


> My 5 hp Honda weighs 62 pounds, and my previous Johnson 4 hp was about 30
or
> so pounds, but I would not leave either on the boat while trailering. The
> time to take the motor out of the cockpit, where I leave it while
trailering, is
>  less than one minute, and the rest of the setup is far more than that. I
> have  the cutout transom, and I think that the stresses on the transom
while
> going  over bumps would be excessive at highway speeds. Just be careful
when
> attaching  the motor if the boat is in the water. I have a lanyard with a
snap hook
> that I  attach to the motor before lifting the motor into position.
>
> Tom Woodworth
> M-17 #330 "Wild Hare"
> _______________________________________________
> http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to