I don't trailer my M15 with the motor mounted, or any other boat, for that 
matter,,,,,,,too much chance for damage to the boat and too much chance for 
theft while in the store etc etc.....just not a really good idea, lazy or 
not,,,,,,,,and I qualify for the lazy department.....for sure.
Bill
M-15 #158
Petite Fluer

T C Boats.com
B & L Associated Industries
Bill Tosh
Rt 1 Box 118-B
Rusk TX. 75785
903-743-5555
http://www.tcboats.com
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:55 PM
  Subject: Re: M_Boats: outboard motors


  My 5 hp Honda weighs 62 pounds, and my previous Johnson 4 hp was about 30  or 
  so pounds, but I would not leave either on the boat while trailering. The  
  time to take the motor out of the cockpit, where I leave it while trailering, 
is 
   less than one minute, and the rest of the setup is far more than that. I 
  have  the cutout transom, and I think that the stresses on the transom while 
  going  over bumps would be excessive at highway speeds. Just be careful when 
  attaching  the motor if the boat is in the water. I have a lanyard with a 
snap hook 
  that I  attach to the motor before lifting the motor into position.
   
  Tom Woodworth
  M-17 #330 "Wild Hare"
  _______________________________________________
  http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats
_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to