I almost forgot to tell the "My Outboard Motor was Stolen" story.
I went through this about five years ago and some of the folks on the  Potter 
Forum would remember the story.
I had a near new flat bottom pram I used to skim the tops of rivers in  
Nor-Cal with. My favored place to camp is remote and I got there to late to  
launch 
and instead did a little wading Flyfishing. I got back at dark, made my  bed 
in the Dodge van with alarm set to 5AM. I got up in the morning, got  
everything packed away and finally saw that the transom of the aluminum pram 
was  
chopped out and the motor and a chunk of the transom were gone. The final  
diagnosis was a cordless Sawzall and a couple of chops with a hatchet. Probably 
 took 
all of five minutes or less and I was waist deep in white water and heard  
nothing.
It was the first day of a two week vacation.
 
After I told my tale of woe another chimed in to say his Honda 2hp had been  
stolen in less than five minutes and it was locked onto the boat. The Honda 2  
has a collar where the motor pivots. By removing two bolts a thief can take  
the entire motor leaving the mount clamps on the mount.
 
In my case, the thieves were so persistent, it was possibly fortuitous the  
motor wasn't inside the van.
 
Make it hard for them to take and make sure it's insured - sage  advice


_______________________________________________
http://mailman.xmission.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/montgomery_boats

Reply via email to