On Jun 16, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Dan Horne wrote:

On 17 June 2010 08:51, Chris Prather wrote:

On Jun 16, 2010, at 4:26 PM, Dexter Tad-y  wrote:

Hi Stevan,

Can you suggest an alternative namespace for this? I'll try to come up
with another name for the project.

What's wrong with just DataMapper?

-Chris

This raises something that I've been thinking about lately. When can one use a Top Level namespace? I've written a Moose-based app - not a module - which I think others might be interested in, but haven't submitted it to CPAN because it doesn't use the TopLevel::SubLevel convention. But neither does
Catalyst or Dancer or Mojolicious or ..... etc.... What are the
conventions/rules around this?

Some people frown upon any top-level namespaces, most people don't really care. Often times it comes down to the find-ability of a name.

Meaning if your module provides a class system similar to Perl 6 don't call it something stupid that no one will ever find, like Moose.

- Stevan