Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] continuing aol problems

Michael B wrote:
"i sent scott an email in which i gave him information sent to me from AOL.  according to aol, they have a 24 hour hotline whereby senders of email can call.
scott, have you called the toll free number of aol that i provided you, which might correct the problem?"

Unfortunately, no one at American University is going to call AOL's hotline so that e-mail from a legitimate listserv can be accorded the privilege of passing through AOL's spam filters. While technically I guess AU *is* the sender, in reality the subscribers of AOL who are affected by this filtering should go to battle with AOL. AU already is giving us use of their listserv and I don't want to rock the boat with them.

My calling AOL would be pointless. I'm not an AOL sub and I'm not actually the "sender" of MoPo mail. I have no system admin credentials nor the information required to satisfy AOL. Sorry Michael (and all AOL'ers), but this battle is yours. If it were me, I'd be switching to another ISP.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but AOL is creating e-mail problems for a lot of people (not just MoPo). It's time their customers complained long and loud.

Scott
MoPo List Owner