seam123 wrote:
This is spot on. The best advice, seeing as how it's
unlikely AOL will solve this problem, is to just sign
up for a yahoo mail account. The issue will disappear.
It's not just with MoPo that this problem exists.

Hi all.

AOL has another agenda I think. I get the same problems mailing a friend in the UK from Holland.
They won't solve the problem since its by design.. See below:

I have noticed that it isn't constant, some get through and others don't.
One that didn't had advice on a few computer virusses in them. It was delayed for two days and then bounced.
I removed the word "virus" and all went well.

A second one contained a few URLs. No go. They do send back an error number and a URL to the explanation of it.
So based on that info you can find out what happens to your mails should you want to go into that.

Here's one of mine:

EXPLANATION:

There is at least one URL in your email that is generating substantial complaints from AOL members.

SOLUTION:

If you own all the domains linked to in your e-mail, please to discuss more effective management of your complaint levels. You can start by setting up a free complaint loop through this form. This will allow you to receive AOL member complaints against your domain.

If you do not own the domain, please have the owner of that domain

"There is at least one URL in your email that is generating substantial complaints from AOL members."

Well.. thats nice. It had a whopping TWO.

Its obvious, they are using content scanning software which is set too strict.

F.i. any message warning people not to go to url www . xxx . xxx . something will go in the bin if lots of people complain about being such a site warned.

Now the only thing to do is try and avoid text that might trigger their filters. Absurd if you ask me. I bet they have filters set for common phrases all sellers here use. Obviously to keep their subscribers from being bombed by spam mail with offers for FREE med!c!ne ..

There used to be a time when they called it America Off Line. Come back all is forgiven.

And this will also test their filters as well. I think I have used enough phrases and broke all spam mail rules to have this one filtered for all AOLers.
If you get this anyway I'm stumped and will take a nice whiskey next time I see a bounced email arrive again.

Peter