From: Kirby McDaniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:13 am
Subject: Re: [MOPO] eBay is now hiding bidder screen-names!

I used to love to look at who was bidding. ?I knew almost all the ebay

user IDs in the movie poster area -- all the usual players. ?This is just

one more area where ebay is being pennywise and pound foolish.

Ebay's bias is so weighted toward the buyers - they really have contempt for
their sellers.
They make token gestures toward the sellers, who pay for everything, really,
?but really have very little sense of fair play.

Their feedback system sucks and I make this statement as someone with a 100%
positive

feedback rating. ?I only put things on ebay to draw people to my business. ?I
much

prefer ebay stores. ?I look at those fees as an advertising expense.

I profoundly hope that Bruce Hershenson's new effort is a big success and will
draw

the attention of other ebay sellers in many fields. ?Ebay richly deserves to be
slapped

down.

But really -- they are only interested in selling washing machines and cars now.

They certainly don't understand the collectibles business.

Kirby