Agree about the International transactions part, but fail to see why PP are
supporting a drop in sellers, why would they? PP is owned by ebay right?

Andy

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 23:02:35 +1000From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: [MOPO] Paypal
Has been Ruined by EBAYTo: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

Bruce - I presume you be speaking of domestic US transactions?

Where they really screw the pooch is on international transactions
(one reason why they are trying to make PP the ONLY option of F***Bay
Australia, for example).

Apart from their transaction fee, when one draws down money from a US $ PP
account to an overseas bank account, aside from the "fee" there is also the PP
"exchange rate" - another 2-3 cents plus on the dollar to the current buying
rate.

If one, for example, sells from Australia on the F***Bay UK site on one of
their "cheap listing days" and accepts PP, that goes into a US$ PP account, and
one pays "cross-border fees" on top of the transaction. This is why so many of
their "cheap" and "free" listing days only apply when PP is accepted.

Of course, as a business, they have to make money. No one denies them that.
What is increasingly obvious is that PP is supporting F***bay's  current drop
in sellers using the auction format, and the general lethargy across the whole
platform from both dispirited sellers and disinterested buyers.

The irony is, that in making F***bay a "safe place for buyers", the message has
been sent that it's an unsafe place generally for buyers and that most sellers'
MO is a crooked one and that only Nanny F***bay can protect them.

I cannot recall seeing a  company with what is basically  a very simple
business model that is known to have worked for many years more than
successfully do so many dumb-arse (ass) things so often and so regularly.

It's like the entire management went off their meds.

I'm expecting to read reports of the Kool-Aid being passed around soon....

Utterly bizarre at every level.

Phil