  From: David Kusumoto<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU<mailto:MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
  Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:31 PM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] Frames-Read before you Buy!!

  ** As noted previously -- truth is always the best defense to fight a
potential lawsuit alleging libel or slander.  Even competitors in the same
industry can offer "opinions," so long as facts are not in dispute.

  ** That said, I would be curious if you were "contacted" by phone or by
e-mail.  Everyone (and I can't think of a single person on these boards who
disagrees) supports not only your craftsmanship -- but also your intelligence
and integrity.  Threats are just that, threats.  If "money is no object," I
would etch into granite -- the comment the person to you that his goal was to
"put you out of business" in the face of allegations of misrepresentation of
its products or plagiarism of marketing language with intent to mislead or
confuse customers.

  ** Finally, even though Sean's comments have since been graciously amended
with loads of contrition -- he is, by reputation, (like me), known for his
occasional combativeness and taking the contrarian view in public.  This is why
-- while he has since cloaked his comments under the umbrella of supporting
"competition" in the marketplace -- I am still puzzled about the intent of his
original query, because in my view (and possibly in my view only), it
represented a direct or indirect challenge to the reputation and integrity of
BOTH businesses, since there are no other framers I know of who are regularly
contributing members of MoPo.  I am curious as to how he learned of this other
framing company before he put his query out there -- offering no negative
opinion in either direction -- like a delayed pipe bomb.  Your responses were
spectacular -- and not hearing from the company that wants to "put you out of
business" on these boards -- allows us, as customers, to reaffirm our support
for you -- and to disregard "the other company" and its strong-armed tactics --
with contempt.

  -d.