"I also try to research their contact information since they usually have a
bogus phone number as their Ebay contact."

Very true.  But it can be almost worse when it's real!

One particular buyer had a real phone number and I honestly called him 10+
separate occasions to attempt to get him to pay.  Excuses excuses excuses,
and this guy is an attorney!  Oh, did I mention the calls were to Australia
(I am in US), and that I attempted to be courteous by timing my calls during
business hours FOR HIM.  So, there's me, the idiot nice guy, staying up
until who knows what time in order to call some deadbeat on the other side
of the planet, only to hear that his credit card was stolen, or that his
friend would pay me, or whatever else he dreamed up in his twisted little
mind.

Lesson learned.

-Erich

www.posterdemic.com