From: MoPo List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan
Heim
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:36 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Feedback Good/Bad

While I feel the feedback system is a viable one, sometimes people don't
consider the whole situation before they leave their feedback. I have
been on Ebay for 8 years and up to about a month ago had 100% positive
feedback. I work hard to maintain that. Then one day I go in and am
about to post some listings and I see my feedback is 99.8. I did a
doubletake. So, I go in and someone had left me neutral feedback on two
orders. He had ordered two different size frames from two different
auctions.  Many of you are my customers so you know how well we wrap the
frames and the lengths we go to ensure complete satisfaction. We
bubblewrap each frame and then put a huge dayglo green label on the
front of the bubblewrap that says "if you receive any damage, call us
immediately and we will take care of it".

So, this customer received both his frames and one frame had a slight
bend in one of the frame legs from shipping. He never called me, never
gave me the opportunity to send him a replacement, just left his
feedback. So, I called him. He says "no problem", I just put it on my
vice I have in my garage and gently pulled out the slight bend. You
can't even tell now". So, I asked him why he didn't call me before he
left feedback. His response was that the bend was so slight, he knew he
could fix it quickly himself. He reminded me that he didn't leave
"negative" feedback, but neutral on both orders, even though only 1 leg
of 1 frame had the bend. He also added that at first he thought they
were just like the plastic frames he bought from his local hobby shop,
but once he opened them up he saw they came with 1/8" thick plexiglass
and were constructed very nicely he saw they were high quality. He said
he liked them a lot and would be ordering more. He said he left his
feedback right as he saw the bent frame leg before he actually looked at
the whole frame.

Now, he did leave neutrals on both auctions, but he included in his
comments that the frames were cheaply made, how he was at fault for not
investigating further, etc. He said he jumped the gun with his
"feedback" before he actually looked at the frames entirely and now,
would not have left that feedback. I ask him to contact Ebay and tell
them he had made a mistake or at least go back into the feedback and
write that he had jumped the gun, etc. Of course, he never did, so he
won't be buying my frames again!  Now, of course, I had nothing to do
with the damage. We ship about 1500 frames a month and every two or
three months, we get a bent leg and occasionally a broken piece of
plexiglass. That is pretty good odds, even though I wish it was no
damage ever. I know I'm dreaming. The point is, my 100% positive
feedback is gone due to a situation totally out of my control.

I am very careful when I leave feedback for someone as I know it can
mean a lot to their situation.

Sue
www.hollywoodposterframes.com