You're missing the point.  You're wrong about the number of movies made.
Your numbers all seem to be wild guesses and you haven't specified if
you're talking about feature length films or including all lengths and formats.
I can only believe you're doing the latter because your numbers are just
way, way off for the former.  (And what makes you think each film festival
gets applications for a completely different group of films?  Sundance
requires it hasn't been shown anywhere else before them but most
festivals have no such rule.  And they don't say films can't play other
festivals after them.)

Please don't insult us by suggesting that only you are so smart as to know
about films not made by the Hollywood studios or that we don't know about
low budget films.  I assure you, that isn't the case.

And if you think the super low budget filmmakers all make wonderful
movies, you clearly haven't seen a significant enough percentage of them.
A large percentage of the indies are godawful.  As are the majority of
studio pictures.  But they don't suddenly become good because they're
made with low low budgets.

I've been in this business over 30 years now and I've worked with and seen
pictures at all different budget levels. The budget -- high or low -- isn't what
makes them good.

Craig.