Franc
You are a seller and are always on the lookout for items to sell at  a
profit.  I am a collector.  I am only interested in buying and when  I want
something I go for it regardless of fair market value at the time but I  have a
limit to what I am willing to overpay and it does not border on the  insane.

On the other hand my policy has made me a very happy collector  because my
willingness to overpay for many years has paid off with today's  prices.  I
am speaking of the major auctioneers and not the overstated  prices on ebay.
 I paid $4,000 for Charlie Chan at the Circus many  years ago.  i paid
$2600 for Chan at the Opera.  In those days these  were very high but they were
all one bid higher than anyone else.  I outbid  everyone for a one sheet of
the Marx Bros in A Day at the Races for $3500 and  under 4 figures for many
other posters.

I do not buy posters to sell and when I want a poster I bid  high.
However, I am not foolish enough to spend the asking prices of a  handful of
dealers on ebay.

Claude

In a message dated 6/28/2009 1:20:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,