Your examples really are conjecture without making any real  sense.  There
isn't a single person in the entire world that would pay $900  for a Roger
Rabbit.  What is the meaning of what the ill informed person  thought the
posters were worth?  Nothing is the answer.  The only  thing that matters is
when people open their wallet and take out the  money.
As for what people think of the few that spend thousands for  posters and
believe they are nuts.  You are dreaming.  Ralph DeLuca  just paid a ransom
for a one sheet of Dracula and it was probably the most  astute purchase
anyone has made in years.  He was written up in a slew of  articles and it gave
him a huge amount of free advertising.  It allowed him  to just add a huge
amount of posters to his inventory and I assure you, if he  wanted to sell
it, I would bet on a profit.
Let me ask you one question.  Do you think the people who pay  millions for
art are nuts?
The answer is very simple.  Supply and demand determine all  prices and
when people place unrealistic prices on anything the items don't  sell.  Hoping
for the one fool in a million to come along is mainly a waste  of time.

I do not believe in conjecture where the examples are  unrealistic.  This
is why I posed the problem of wading through the same  overpriced listings
week after week.  There is a difference between a  person thinking Roger
Rabbit is valuable but learning that he was wrong at a  show and a person
listing
a $8,000 poster week after week for $21,000 and  learning nothing.
Claude

In a message dated 6/28/2009 10:25:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,