  From: rixpost...@aol.com
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:07 PM
  Subject: [MOPO] Question:Does Marilyn Monroe Appear in a Lobby Card >From THE
FRENCH LINE (1954)

  Hi, Everyone,

    Years ago, I heard that during the filming of THE FRENCH LINE (Jane
Russell,1954), Marilyn Monroe was on the set visiting Jane Russell, who'd
become her friend after they made Gentlemen Prefer Blondes together the
previous year. I always heard that Marilyn Monroe appeared in one of the lobby
cards.  Recently, I acquired 6 lobby cards from that film, one of which (card #
3) is a  song-and-dance sequence with Russell and another brunette in the
foreground---behind them are 4 men in tuxedos and cowboy hats and a dozen
beautiful women, one of whom I'm certain is Marilyn Monroe. Why don't we hear
more mention of "the Marilym Monroe 'French Line' lobby card"?   I would think
it would be quite collectable.  Can anyone offer any insight into this?  Hey,
if that isn't Marilyn Monroe, I'll eat all six of the lobby cards for breakfast!
                                                            Thanks in advance,
                                                                    Rick
  Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com