Franc,

my criticism is not about you making extra money from shipping in the first
place. I much more critize that you choose an extremely expensive shipping
option and make your BUYER pay the bill. If I supposed to pay an extra $28 on
lobby card, merely for the seller's piece of mind, I will usually prefer not to
do business with this person.

You don't think that even over here I could get full insurance coverage at the
$10 basic rate I charge to my buyers? Guess what, I can't.
Instead, I pay for a transport policy as part of my gallery insurance, that
will cover me on expensive items (basically anything worth $500 or more).
Obviously, this is not for free,
On any cheaper items, I simply cover a potential loss myself, I write this off
to 'customer service' and take it into consideration when I calculate my ASKING
PRICES.

Personally, I hate it when I see a $50 item become a $90 item with shipping,
and I know that a vast number of my clients feel the same.

If I were to take your approach, my minimum postage fees would be around $50 to
$80, depending on location. To each his own, but I refuse to do this, and
instead I've chosen to live with the every-day risk of facing one of those
evil, lying Europeans.

Helmut