David, et al

If a small tax were levied on email and text messages -- and it wouldn't have
to be very large either - the revenues
could be used to support snail mail 6 days a week for everybody.  And it would
help to control spam and frivolous email
as well.

When J Crew, L.L. Bean, Williams-Sonoma, Lands End and all these other good
folks have to hand off that catalog
delivery business to UPS, then we'll hear a caterwauling for sure.

Personally, I really dislike UPS.  Here in Austin they simply will leave a 12
thousand dollar package on your porch whether
a signature is required or not.  Either they just don't care or their drivers
are intentionally ignoring it.

FED EX is, of course, quite good where speed is necessary.  But the insurance
things with them is not applicable to film posters.  I've posted
about this in the past.  If you "insure" a film poster with FED EX and it gets
lost, they are not required to pay you.  Because works of art,
collectibles, jewelry and furs are distinctly excepted from liability in their
service manual.

Kirby
www.movieart.net